CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

frustrated. but happier.

I know that some of you have already heard this, so I apologize. Just skip to the later parts, LOL. Friday was a good day. I already wrote about the beginning but here is the end. So Hali and I went to get her friend, who is kind of creepy. I mean, he is pretty nice and everything, just a little weird. So we go and get him and go to the city. However, this kid does not have anywhere to stay. I felt bad for him at first, but then Hali told me that he planned this trip three months ago and she told him many times to book a place. When she told me that I stopped being sorry for him and was then angry. Who the heck does that? Honestly. So we walk around the city for like three hours, and he finally gets a hotel room. The girl at the desk told me I had pretty hair. : ) haha.

So then Jun, Stephanie, Chris, and Patrick meet us at the hotel and we go find a place to eat. We seriously tried so many places before finding a Malaysian one. I actually liked the food and has some squid and octopus, since it was Friday. It was hard not to eat meat because there was chicken in a lot of the food. Some of it was really spicy and my mouth was burning. Oh, and we also met up with Paola, Staci, Melissa, and one of their friends. Oh, and that was the first time I sat in the front seat in a car, which was a cool experience. Anyways, so I actually tried a lot of new food, some of which I didn't like. Mostly it was the dessert that gross. They eat red beans in some desserts. Weird.

So that was all fun and I had a good time. But everyone was dressed up and I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. So that made me feel weird but whatever! So then Saturday kind of sucked, except for the morning. In the morning, Hali, her friend, Chris, Patrick, and I went to Karrakatta to see Heath's grave. Turns out, he actually does not have a grave. Cool. Like five Internet sites lied to me. I felt really bad about making them drive there but they told me it was fine. They actually liked walking around and looking at the graves, lol. So then they dropped us off at the city and we ate lunch. I ate at Red Rooster, which is a place only in Australia. I liked it a lot. I had a chicken sandwich...delicious. So anyways, we walked around for a bit because Hali's friend had no place to stay, again. Then they came up with a different plan so whatever. So then we went to Freemantle, which is a city on the water. I was wearing all black (awesome, not) and it was hot. So we met up with Chris, Patrick, Paola, Staci, Melissa, and Stephanie. Yeah, I think that was everyone. So then we walked around Freemantle a bit and I took some pictures. Then Staci, Paola, and Melissa wanted to go the beach, but I did not. I mean, I was wearing all black and sneakers. No, thanks. So then Hali, her friend, and I went back to Perth then took a taxi home. By this time I wasn't in a great mood and I was hot and tired.

So I wanted to come back to the flat because I had a lot of homework to do. I have this group project for my anthropology class and we are supposed to be meeting after class tomorrow to discuss stuff. So there are two articles that I am supposed to read. I type in the web address that the teacher gave and I tried to download the PDF but it said that the page could no be found. Cool. So then i try to read the other one, thinking that I could at least do something. This one didn't have a web address so I go to the school's library web page and try to search for it, but I get nothing. So I am really frustrated because I don't want the other girls in my group to think that I am not doing my part.

Then I really wanted to talk to my parents and ask them to call the airlines and see if I can move my flight home back a bit. Because Hali and I were thinking of going to New Zealand together, but her last exam is June 19th and my flight home is June 21st. But they never came on skype and I got sad.

So then I figured that I would book my flight to Singapore to make me happy. Mistake. The flights were so expensive! Then I got angry. I wouldn't care so much if I had money in my Australian account, because getting a $600 plane ticket with my debit card will have a huge fee. So awesome. Then I try to use Quantas, because it's in alliance with American Airlines and I have miles with them. So I figured it would cheaper to use them and pay whatever it doesn't cover. I put in my AAdvantage number, or whatever it is called, and it tells me that it can't find that number. Awesome. So I am feeling really crappy.

I was so frustrated on Saturday. And that is why. Today was better. I went to Mass and talked to Cynthia about Melbourne, which of course made me happy. She had a friend with her who is Indian and has a fairly think accent, so every time he asked me a question I had to have him repeat it and I felt really bad. i don't know why I suck so bad with accents! Speaking of accents, Hali and I love to make fun of Canadians accents, lol. Anyways, then I had made plans to skype with Shannon and Kathleen, which made me really happy. We talked for three hours! It was awesome and I love them all so much. At the end, they serenaded me. Haha. It was funny!

And now our flat is cooking dinner, which is cool. So I have to go cook, lol. Also, Sam, when I got your letter, I literally squealed. THANKS! It was awesome : )

5 comments:

Sam said...

aww :) i'm glad my letter made you feel better :)
sorry about all those horrible things on saturday though. you just gotta think of all the positive things that will happen! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry we couldn't skpye with you, very busy at church with 40 Hours. I looked at your ticket and looks like you can't move your date. But I can check later this week, when I have off.
Love you. Try not to let the little things get to you. Remember, "man plans and God laughs"

Anonymous said...

aw sorry about all those horrible things. but just hold on, things will get better :)

and red bean ice cream is good.
just sayin' :P

KatDawg said...

That is a lie. There is a Red Rooster where my Grandma lives in New York and it is the exact same place as the one you went to.

I'm glad that Shannon and I could make you happy. How can you not be happy while being seranaded by with Celine Dion songs? =)

FootlessSock said...

i love your sarcasm. i've had a lot of epic fails lately too... kendall and i made a list of all the thigns that went wrong when she was here, it was pretty funny. bank fees do suck, i get charged 5 bucks everytime i use an ATM and 3% fee everytime i do anything, but i can't get a dutch bank account cuz i'm not living here long enough. :(