CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 16, 2009

oh. my. gosh.

I feel like I have so much to say that I don't even know where to start. I guess the beginning is always good, right?

So Thursday night I slept for maybe an hour because I wanted to sleep on the plane. That didn't really work out well but in the end it doesn't even matter. Because now it's almost 4 in the afternoon here and I tired. Anyways, the flight to JFK was ok. The seats were small on not very comfortable. The ride isn't that long so it was bearable. Oh - I also want to point out that I did very well with packing. : ). The maximum weight is 50 pounds and my big suitcase was 40 and the smaller one was 36. Oh yea. Go me. When we (I was with a friend, Paola) got to JFK we took a little train ride to the next terminal for our flight to Hong Kong. My brother came to see me and he gave me my iPod cord (yay!) and AUD$120 which I thought was very nice of him. He bought me Starbucks and a muffin. And I was happy. But not excited for the 16 hour flight.

So we get on the plane. It is amazing. It is huge! All the flight attendants were so pretty and I was jealous. We sat in the emergency seats which was really nice because I got up a lot to walk around. Many times I just stood up and leaned against the wall because I was tired of sitting. But what was really cool was that the headrests could be adjusted to like hold your head in place while you slept which was amazing. The food was ok, haha. I am such a picky eater but I did eat some of it. We got two meals. And I watched High School Musical 3: Senior Year and Eagle Eye. Obviously HSM was so great and Eagle Eye wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. Shia is really cute, haha, but it kind of reminded me of i,Robot (which Shia was also in). The only time I was shocked or had any kind of reaction was at the end. Because I was like "WHAT??" haha. Yea. I don't want to give anything away. I also slept a lot. Which helped the time pass. And I played my DS. And listen to David Archuleta.

We also decided that we didn't want to stay in a hostel because it was 30 minutes away and we had all our luggage with us. So we stayed at a Marriott near the airport. It wasn't that expensive so it was good. But the Hong Kong dollar is worth less then the US dollar, so the hotel in HKD was about 1000 which seems expensive but it's not in American money. So then the next day we get on the plane to come to Perth. Finally.

This ride was about 7 hours. Which wasn't so bad but we didn't have emergency aisle seats this time and I had to keep climbing over Paola to get up. And the seats were smaller and the girl in front of me basically had her seat back all the way which was just awesome because I am tall. We has two meals again and I ate some of it. I watched some TV and played my DS for some time too. I slept for a good two hours, I think, so that was good. Oh - and Australia is so super-strict about bringing stuff into the country that in Hong Kong we went through the regular airport security then our bags had to be checked AGAIN before we got on the plane.

So when we land in Perth around 11:45 PM and we wait for everyone to get off the plane because we have no where important to go. So then we wait for our luggage (which all came!) and then we waited some more because the line for customs was really long and again we had no where to go. So the airport people were really nice and I love their accents. It took us no time at all to go through since we waited to long. The guy at the scanner thing was really nice and but all our bags through and said that "Here in Australia, we do everything for you!" when we tired to put our own bags on. And then he us to follow the TROLLEY which I smiled at, haha. And we got our passports stamped! Which is great.

So we had to wait til 8 AM to go to the school so I read a lot of Harry Potter and Paola played my DS forever. I slept for maybe an hour on the chairs. Around 6 we got some food. Because we were both really hungry. So then it was time to go. We got to the dorm and I just felt overwhelmed with everything. We couldn't go to our room because we had to wait 30 minutes for an orientation. Awesome. I was gross, I had just slept in an airport, and I wanted to shower. So we stay for orientation which was boring but listening to Aussie accents is always cool. It winds up that Paola and I are in the same flat. However - it is really hot outside and there is no air conditioning in the dorm. At all. I expected this but I had wised it wasn't true. I finally figured out how to open my window with help from one of my flatmates. I felt really dumb. And I killed a spider. Yea. I have a few spiderwebs in the dorm. Just great. Oh, and my flatmate is from Singapore and she seems really nice. I haven't met the other ones yet. Anyways, there is a fan in my room that is on now. And will probably always be on when I am in the room. I hate being hot.

The room and flat is really big. After I unpack I will take a video of it. I don't think pictures will do it justice because it looked way smaller in the pictures on the website. I also have pictures of Hong Kong money but my camera cord is somewhere in my bags which I have not unpacked yet.

So after our orientation thing I saw Staci (another girl from Florida who is here) and we decided to meet up later to go shopping for some food. There are shops right across the street which is really nice. So I got some bread and a cup and a plate and stuff. But, Australia is an epic fail. I wanted peanut butter and jelly (or jam, I should say) and get this - NO GRAPE JELLY. WHAT? Why? Not happy. So then I was like, ok, I will get some turkey. NO TURKEY. Fail Australia, fail. I hate you. Ok, not really but - really? No grape jelly? Jeez. So I got some apples and bananas too.

Now I just want to unpack and decorate my room. : )

Oh and - now that I know my room and flat number - this address puts mail directly in my mailbox

Flat 28 Room 1
George James House
Kyle Avenue
Bentley 6102
Western Australia

If anyone wants to use this one instead.

5 comments:

Sam said...

woah man sounds like an intense flight! and that stinks about the ac but i'm sure you'll get used to it besdies you have those aussie accents to get you through lol. pretty excited for the pictures :)

Sam said...

and lol i watched Eagle Eye on New Years Eve. and i thought the whole idea of it was way similar to another robot movie lol. Shia was amazing in it. and the end made me think WHAT! too. i mean it's just a really really weird ending. okay i think that's it now lol

Anonymous said...

thanks for the address update...think cool thoughts and you will be fine, reminds me of my youth (no A/C), it will be a good lesson for you...enjoy Australia and stay away from the laddies !!!

Anonymous said...

...and who is Sam?

Anonymous said...

and no word on the water draining down the sink the opposite way from this side of the world?!??!