CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 21, 2010

Love is a mystery.

Love is strange. Don't you think?

I think so.

The more I think about David and I, the more I wonder how we ever got along. We were such different people, yet that obviously didn't matter.

Besides us being physically different, him having dark hair and eyes and me with my blonde hair and blue eyes, we were interested in many different things. David played the guitar and the drums. I play the flute. He was in a band and I...have never been attracted to anyone in a band in my life. I listen to Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers and David always made fun of me for that! He listened to Kings of Leon and music like that. He smoked (which I yelled at him for) and I obviously find that the most disgusting thing on the planet. David didn't even like cookies! Which I told him sucked, since I'm the most awesome baker in the world. I like silly, immature things, which he always found odd. He spoke Spanish. I think Portuguese is better. Worst of all, he didn't even like Johnny Depp. :(

[I remember this one time I told him that I had a cut out of Johnny Depp and he told me to put his picture next to it, which I still find amusing.]

But yet, we did have things in common, obviously. We obviously both liked to write, though he would never let me tell him that I thought he was a good writer (which he was). And he liked Harry Potter. Which honestly, if you don't like Harry Potter, you can't be my friend. (Unless you're Shannon). He liked Italian food and I'm...Italian. haha. He didn't like the mall and neither do I. And we both like the Beatles.

Even through all this, I knew that he loved me, though I don't even understand why. We seemed to have different opinions about many things, but I always knew that he cared about me and most importantly, that he respected my views. Don't you hate people that won't even listen to the other side of the story? Or won't even listen to a different view on something? Well David wasn't like that. He was a good person. He always listened to me and even if he didn't agree, he wouldn't be mean about it.

Above all, I know that David cared about my happiness more than I cared about his at times (not all the time!). Anyone who reads the things he says to me can hear the sincerity behind all his words. And I love that. I love that I can go back and see how truly amazing he was. It makes me happy to think that I knew someone as awesome as him.

It kind of sucks that it took me this long to see how much he cared about me. I mean, I knew it at the time, but I guess the extent of it, I am just seeing now. But hey, at least I'm learning! It makes me sad to think that I lost someone so amazing. No one can ever really compare to him and I have to keep reminding myself not to compare other guys to him.

In the end, I know that he loved me. And I love him. He'll always be a part of me. And I think that's the most important thing.

Oh, picture of the beautiful boy? :)
He's the one on the right. For those who don't know what that means, he's the one in the hat.
PS - This is my second favourite picture of him.

2 comments:

Sam said...

aww well i'm glad you are remembering him in a good light :)
and he looks super cute in his picture! i love guys who dress like that! especially the hat! :)

Holly said...

Aw like the pic of him :)
Even though you guys may have been different in some ways, opposites attract for a reason. But I'm glad that you have good times to remember him by and I can tell that he was an amazing person to you <3